There were two Beaufort Brickworks. The first was Pant y Draethen ( Hawthorn Hollow) and was situated near Frost road and Garth Dan Y Bryn.
Beaufort Pipe and Brick works
The second opened c1908 and first appears on the 1915 OS map labelled 'Brick & Pipe Works'. The works produced a great many bricks, found all over South Wales, until closing in the 1970s. Beaufort Brick Co, Ebbw Vale. Famous for very hard engineering bricks and it has been reported that 40,000 Beaufort bricks we used in the foundations of the Empire State Building in New York is allegedly built on a foundation of these bricks.
'Special Reports on the Mineral Resources of Great Britain', HMSO, 1920, quotes the Beaufort Sanitary Pipe & Brick Co as being at the Beaufort Brickworks adjacent to the north side of the L&NW Railway, about 1/4 mile west of Beaufort Station.